Read more about OpenHeritage Participatory Platform
How to create a Process?
A participatory process is a process designed to complete a certain task, or to tackle an important issue related to the OH project. For example a process of electing committee members is a process that can consist of sequence of participatory activities (where candidatures are first presented, then debated and finally a candidate is chosen). These participatory activities are in fact tools designed to give voice to those who wish to be involved in a certain process. OH participatory platform disposes with several participatory tools which we call components (starting from surveys to making proposals, face-to-face or virtual meetings) with the aim of defining and making a decision on a specific topic.
Who can design a process?
Representatives of each CH Labs will have the role of Administrators. They are in charge of designing a process that aims to successfull task completion. Lab representatives have a clear vision of their Lab and thus will create the process accordingly (including all relevat components in which the community of Users can take part in).
Who can participate in a process?
As a member of OH team, In order to participate in a process you must first register as a user on the OH platform. This is a democratic platform, thus each user, is encouraged to participate in a process relevant to their fields of interests and expertise, regardless of the CHLab they might belong to.
How can I participate?
Once you are registered as a USER, it is easy to take part in a process! You can start from choosing a process that interests you (they are tagged as ´highlighted´, ´currently active´ and ´past´) and then click on a button ´Take Part´. Each process has its own instructions but the structure tends to be the same: it can be divided in phases each disposing with several components (participatory tools: Meetings, Survey, Debate, Proposals, Accountability, Start a conversation). For each process a platform disposes with related documents, and components that are currently in use.
What exactly are these participatory tools we call components?
Let's briefly go over these components what they serve for:
- Meetings: Spaces to share knowledge and exchange opinions face to face. They take place in specific time and space. Search for the next meeting and sign up!
- Survey: Your opinions are important to guide a process correctly, express them, answer the questions of the survey!
- Debate: The deliberative process is important to enrich the ideas associated with the process. Make contributions to the debate according to your opinions!
- Proposals: Now that you already know a lot about the OH platform and its possibilities. Make proposals on how to improve, for example, this welcome process!
- Accountability: And what happens with all the proposals that are made? Some measures end up being implemented, others maybe not. Check the status of each proposal!
- Start a conversation: You can send private messages to other participants. How? Through the proposals!
Still having doubts?
Don´t worry! For now just keep in mind two things:
- The approach is important: it is one of the ways to reach a solution in a democratic, efficient and effective way!
- The best way to learn is to try! Indeed, we encourage the ´hands on approach´. Time to get started!